What is Acid Neutraliser?
Neutralising an acid or chemical spill makes them easier to contain and handle and helps in reducing disposal costs. Otherwise, they can be extremely harmful to other materials as well as human health.
Acid neutralisers come in different forms, such as liquid, powder and gel. They are used to neutralise acids and stop the damage from acidic spills in industrial settings. These acid spills may happen in various industries, such as chemical, gas and oil manufacturing.
Acid Neutraliser Powder Absorbent
- Acid neutraliser powder is designed to neutralise and absorb chemical spills and has a pH of 10.7.
- This neutraliser is perfect for small-scale spills such as phosphoric, sulphuric, or nitric acid.
- However, it is not appropriate for use with hydrofluoric acid.
- Also, wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) is necessary while cleaning up a spill.
How to Use Acid Neutraliser?
- Spread the neutraliser on the spill until it’s fully covered and stops bubbling.
- After that, push the dustpan and shovel the spill into it.
- Next, reapply the neutraliser where the spill had occurred.
- Dispose of the spill carefully.
Acid Neutralisers for Fast Response
- It is always crucial to contain the acid spill; otherwise, it’d quickly become a hazard.
- These acid spills can be dangerous for you and your employees; therefore, you must store acid neutralisers at your facility whether you handle or ship acids.
- You can easily deal with an acid spill in about 10 minutes.
Appropriate for Small Acid Spills
- Oil Spill Kit provides acid-neutraliser powder in a 4kg bottle and 500g tub to suit your workplace needs.
- The handy bottles are easier to dispense and transfer.
- One can easily apply free-flowing granular sorbent onto acid spills.
- Moreover, they are convenient to use and help clean the spill fast due to the powder solidification.